Thursday, January 04, 2007

Day 8: In the vehicle of a maniac

Some time back I wrote that Nick drove like a boy racer who had never learnt to come second

How important that observation was I didn't realise at the time.

Nick is driving like a maniac at the moment. He's swerving all over the place and repeating himself like a broken record.

His lack of sleep manifests itself like drunkeness at the wheel and he IS dangerous at the moment. It just hasn't occured to him that in the back we might be a little concerned even though both of us have told him to slow down a bit. He's a hazard out here and is slaloming around pedestrians as though they are just obstacles put out for him on a rickshaw obstacle course.

Earlier on he said,

"If Indians rubbed two brain cells together they would make decent roads. They are pretty basic people with the intelligence of a rat"

This was very disappointing. I'm Vietnamese and pretty sensitive to racism and to hear Nick saying this was very sad. Ivan saw me write this into my little secret blog book and we both looked at each other and shook our heads.

Is this REALLY what Kiwis are like? I don't want to generalise like he's just done, but he HAS to realise that he's representing New Zealand here and he's just slagged off all of India and everyone that's helped us out all this way. What a wanker.

The death back there has had quite the opposite effect on him than you would have expected and instead of taking more care he's driving like even more of a twat, and everything that comes out of his mouth is an attempt to get us to validate his behaviour.

"What did you think of that?", "If we drive through the night we'll win. Yeah that's what we'll do. What do you think? Should we drive through the night?"

Each time I just keep tight lipped. I won't approve anything he says because he is going to kill someone if he keeps driving like this I don't want to be part of it.

He won't listen to us and he won't let go control of the front seat. He's completely obsessed.

Fuck it, this is too much. This cunt is going to run someone over and blame us I can see it coming.

I'm out of here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home